The risk that comes with a vendor’s access to sensitive data is a quickly growing concern amongst public and private sector organizations, and when it comes to compliance with new and forthcoming privacy regulations, the weakest link for many is their third-party agreements.
On March 10, 2021, the Cybersecurity Law Report and Sentinel LLP co-hosted a webinar to delve into the challenges of a third-party risk management program from the controller’s perspective.
Among other things, the panelists discussed:
- the legal and risk landscape;
- understanding who qualifies as a third party;
- keeping track of the universe of vendor contracts;
- important contract terms; and
- and ongoing compliance and monitoring.
The program featured Sentinel co-founder and President Aaron Weller and the Cybersecurity Law Report’s Senior Editor Jill Abitbol. A recording of the webinar can be accessed here.